Saturday 10 March 2012

a-england Week: Day 7 - Ascalon

I saved Ascalon for last because it's one of my new favourites.

On first impressions, it reminded me of all the things I like about OPI's Not Like The Movies, a grey/green/purple duochrome. Ascalon's duochrome is less noticeable, but it is also a holo. I just couldn't believe how lucky I was to have found such a wonderful nail varnish, packed with all the things I like. I kept saying to my husband: "you've got to see this!", it was love at first sight.

The formula is so smooth, it slides on your nails. Two coats are enough for full opacity and they dry quickly. I wore it for a good few days and it remained as gorgeous as when I first put it on.

Adina loves jewellery and, like many Italians I know, has great taste. This is reflected in her holos: they are decorative without being ostentatious; they are a statement piece by themselves and lift any outfit.

Click to enlarge
Below are some photos in sunlight, to appreciate the delicate, yet present, scattered holo effect:

Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge
A photo in which I tried to capture the duochrome effect, with little success:

Click to enlarge
And last, but by no means least, another reason why I saved this review until the end of my a-england Week:

My left hand and Adina's right hand, both wearing Ascalon
Click to enlarge
Brand: a-england
Collection: The Legend
Name: Ascalon
Type: Duochrome/(Scattered) Holographic
Colour: Silver 
Pantone equivalent: N/A
Make Up Alley rating: N/A
Potential dupes: Haven't found any yet!
Buy it directly from a-england, £9 with free worldwide shipping

I used:
1 x OPI Natural Base Coat
2 x a-england Ascalon
1 x Save The Nail 45 Second Top Coat

Metadata:
Canon EOS 450D - 50 mm - f/1.8 - ISO 400/200 - indoors - no flash - daylight/sunlight

2 comments:

  1. Que esmalte tan complejo y elegante. Personalmente no soy muy fan de los colores oscuros pero Ascalon tiene tanta sutileza en ese efecto holo/duocromo, esa apariencia tan tersa..que me encantó. Esa foto, al sol, es belleza pura!
    Estaba esperando ansiosa la famosa foto de las manos! Está buenisima, felicitaciones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Es increible este color... me encanta!!! A mi si me gustan mucho los colores oscuros, pero solo los uso en invierno.

    ReplyDelete